Knowing how to stop a heart attack can save your life or the life of someone you know. Here are some tips for stopping a heart attack in its tracks.
1. Know the symptoms of a heart attack: a squeezing feeling in the middle or left side of your chest, pain in your arm or upper body, shortness of breath, nausea, and lightheadedness, according to the National Institutes of Health. Not all people experiencing a heart attack will have all of these symptoms.
2. The first thing to do if you think you’re having a heart attack is to call 911 so you can get to the hospital as quickly as possible.
3. Next, take one adult 325 mg aspirin. In fact, chew it so that it absorbs faster. Aspirin thins the blood and can increase blood flow and often slows the heart attack down, according to Dr. Mehmet Oz.
4. Many experts in natural medicine such as Modern Alternative Health advise taking cayenne pepper to stop a heart attack. Cayenne is a stimulant and can get blood circulating through the body to stop an attack. Highly concentrated powdered cayenne from a health food store or a liquid tincture made from powdered and whole peppers soaked for a few weeks are the best forms to use.
A large dose of cayenne pepper can have some side effects, such as uncontrolled bleeding if used with blood thinners and an adrenaline rush that can cause damage to your tissues as blood and oxygen rush in. Discussing the use of cayenne pepper with your doctor before use is the best course of action.
5. To settle an irregular heartbeat within minutes, Natural News advisestaking hawthorn berry syrup or tea.
Medical attention should always be sought if you think you’re having a heart attack, because there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to stop it.