Oregano tea is mostly used as a culinary spice due to its strong flavor. However, what most people aren’t familiar with is that it has incredibly powerful healing properties.
It is one of the most efficacious natural remedies which has been used for centuries in the treatment of numerous diseases.Oregano tea contains mighty antioxidants such as rosemary acid and thymol. These phytonutrients revitalize the damaged cells in the body and protect them from the free radicals.
If you didn’t know, free radicals are byproducts of digestion and they always affect the DNA membrane, which further causes various chronic ailments.
This herb is also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins such as E, A and C, and minerals, including iron, potassium, magnesium, zinc, and calcium. It is abundant in volatile oils which have diuretic, carminative, diaphoretic, anti-malaria and anti-fungal properties.
They also have antiseptic qualities which hinder the growth and multiplication of the harmful microorganisms that invade your body. Owing to its soothing effects, oregano tea is mostly used as a cure for sinus issues, sore throat, and various infections.
As reported by the Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacy the extract of oregano can improve the cancer indicators. Researchers have discovered that the growth of colon cancer cells was significantly reduced and the cells were eventually destroyed after being exposed to oregano extract. However, these findings require further research.
This herb is also packed with antivirals which give your immune system a boost, thus fighting off and preventing many health diseases like:
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves the function of the cardiovascular system
- Stimulates appetite
- Keeps the optimal body weight
- Treats constipation and urinary problems
- Alleviates heartburn and fatigue
- Eases asthma attacks
- Kills the intestinal parasites
- Relieves menstrual pain and cramps
- Soothes headaches and back pain
- Fights ear and sinus infections
- Alleviates colds, flu, and coughs
- Treats nasal congestion
- It treats a sore throat
How to prepare oregano tea:
Its preparation is very simple. You can use either dried or fresh leaf.
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
How to prepare:
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Chop the leaves and quickly add to the pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain, add honey, and enjoy hot.