An Insight into Revision Rhinoplasty
Revision rhinoplasty is a corrective operation that cosmetic surgeons perform to address an individual’s previous rhinoplasty aesthetic issues. Even after undergoing the previous surgery, he might still have structural abnormalities with his nose. These include misalignment of the nostrils, recessions in the area of the nasal bridge, and other nasal tip deformities. Moreover, the tip of the nose might not be symmetrical to the contours of the face. It might make him look unattractive and adversely affect his self-confidence. He might even develop breathing difficulties after recovering from the rhinoplasty surgery. This can be detrimental to health unless a revision surgery is opted for.
Factors to consider before undergo a revision rhinoplasty operation?
Many people who are not satisfied with the results of their previous rhinoplasty might consider taking this surgery. They consider it to be the best option to restore the aesthetic appearance of their face. In the process, they might even overcome breathing difficulties, if any, as a result of the previous surgery. However, they need to understand this is a difficult operation for most cosmetic surgeons to perform. They need to have realistic expectations of the results of this surgery. Even before undergoing this surgical operation, they should-
- ensure their nose heals from the previous surgery,
- Choose a cosmetic surgeon who has adequate skills and experience in conducting this operation,
- Fix an appointment with the surgeon to find out more about the surgery,
- Provide the surgeon with all the relevant facts and documents relating to their previous rhinoplasty surgery,
- Find out the total costs of the Revision Rhinoplasty surgery including the surgeon’s fees, and
- Ask the surgeon how long will it take them to recover.
The cosmetic surgeon who is going to conduct the surgeon will initially review the documents of their first rhinoplasty operation. Then he will proceed to thoroughly examine their nose. Only then will he fix the date of the surgery. On the day of the operation, the surgeon will take the following steps:
- Sedate the patient with a general or local anesthetic drug before actually conducting the surgery,
- Make small incisions to separate the skin from the region of the nasal bone and its cartilage,
- Reset the structure of the nose and cartilage to a new position as per the requirements,
- Replace the skin over their new nasal structure,
- Close all the incisions and cover the nose with bandages,
- Prescribe a non-opioid pain medicine to them to deal with the swelling, and
- Remove the bandages after a week or so from the date of the surgery.
People generally agree to a Revision Rhinoplasty surgery when their first nasal operation does not give them satisfactory results. The previous rhinoplasty might ruin their aesthetic appearance and result in breathing difficulties. However, this surgical operation is difficult to perform. They need to ensure the surgeon conducting it has the necessary skills and experience. Only then can this medical expert explain the entire procedure and the total costs before helping them prepare for the final surgery.
- The Importance of Oral Hygiene: A Guide to Maintaining Healthy Teeth and Gums - October 25, 2023
- A Comparative Analysis of Cialis vs. Viagra – Two Popular Erectile Dysfunction Medications - June 28, 2023
- Enhance Your Cognitive Performance - April 20, 2023