Physiotherapy is one of the best means to treat an injured joint and relieve muscular tension and ligament injury without the means of administering painkillers. And no, it’s not a recreational therapy for a fun day out. Instead, it is serious science that involves the treatment of serious injuries that either:
a). Restrict movement
b). Makes the movement too painful.
It is the work of a physiotherapist to administer proper manual correction techniques to help the injured tissues gain their full range of motion.
Since the procedure requires a lot of precision, you should be very selective while choosing the physiotherapist. One such clinic to look up-to in Montreal is the Integral Performance Physiotherapy clinic. Some of the primary reasons that make such clinics better than the best are listed below.
- All their health workers are highly experienced.
- They have a holistic ideology that gives them the vision to treat each patient as a new body that has its own problems.
- They offer you the leisure to book an appointment online to save your time.
- They establish trust because they follow an evidence-based practice.
- You are given the choice to pick either a 30-min therapy session or a 60-min therapy session according to your comfort.
- They have tie-ups with certain insurance companies. Thus, they can get your claim passed immediately and you have to pay just that much amount that your insurance doesn’t cover. So, don’t forget to check whether or not they have a tie-up with your insurance company.
Now, whether you have a disorder or you might have suffered with an injury in an accident, only licensed therapists are recommended to guide you throughout the recovery. It begins at the diagnosis of the problem and depending upon the injury, you’re suggested a routine that you should carry out with your therapist. Some of the most common issues that such professionals handle day in and day out are listed below.
- Herniated disks
- Sciatic nerve
- Musculoskeletal conditions that lead to Rotator cuff dysfunctions
- Torticollis/neck pain
- Ankle sprains
- Post knee surgery (ACL, Meniscus etc…)
- Tennis elbow
- Postural dysfunctions
- Thoracic pain
- Hand therapy for patients suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neuro problems like Parkinson’s and multiple sclerosis that make movement difficult and create balancing problems.
Other than these disorders, the therapists at Integral Performance Physiotherapy clinic also help people suffering from:
- Ankle sprain
- Ligament tear
- Recurrent shoulder and pain back
Other than strengthening exercising and postural correction techniques, physiotherapists also use TENS Machine to help the injured tissue heal and recover.
On a closing note, the length and degree of your recovery is in the hands of your therapist. So, pick wisely.